- libplayererror (C): Error reporting facilities
- libplayercore (C++): Basic messaging and queueing functionality, support for loading plugins, parsing configuration files
- libplayerdrivers (C++): The drivers that are included with the Player distribution (and which were compiled)
- libplayertcp (C++): Support for TCP client/server transport
- libplayerxdr (C++): Support for XDR data marshaling
These libraries constitute the fundamental functionality of Player. In a way, the commonly-used player server is just a short (< 300 lines) example of how to use these libraries. Other uses are possible, and the libraries have designed with reuse in mind.libplayercore, you would do something like:
$ g++ `pkg-config --cflags playercore` -o myprogram myprogram.cc `pkg-config --libs playercore`
If pkg-config can't find Player libraries, read pkg-config paths.