Please report bugs to the tracker and let us know what you do with Stage.
Richard Vaughan (rtv)
- Stage is now implemented as the C library libstage. Using libstage, your programs can include a sophisticated robot simulator with a few lines of code. The Player plugin libstageplugin is a wrapper for libstage that provides simulation services to Player. Player with libstageplugin is the Player/Stage system.
- Player clients can draw directly in the Stage window using the graphics2d interface. libstage programs can use the internal user graphics API.
- Configurable odometry error in position model
- Gripper model that can pick up anything. Any object can be made grippable/pushable by setting the the gripper_return property.
- Pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) model.
- More and improved visualizations, including models leaving trails over time
- Any object can now have its shape specified by a bitmap file (JPG, PNG, etc.).
- Worldfile syntax has changed slightly, so you may need to edit your existing worlds to get them to work. Look at the example worlds in
(stage src)/worldsto get the idea.
- Worlds can be very large (thousands of meters square).
Generated on Mon Feb 27 23:30:51 2006 for Stage by 1.4.4