Installation instructions for P/S on Mac OS X
From The Player Project
This is a description of how I installed Player and Stage on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger - and in addition the central library OpenCV.
The following assumes that Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (10.4.7), Fink 0.8.1 and Xcode 2.3 are installed on a PowerPC-based computer.
Fink is assumed installed in:
OpenCV, Player and Stage will be installed in a local directory (as explained in the local installation tutorial:
This section describes the installation of OpenCV version 0.9.9.
OpenCV has recently begun to include a Mac OS X port - making it much easier to install, as there are fewer dependencies.
To install simply follow these steps:
- Fetch and install the packages libjpeg, libpng3 and libtiff via Fink (and let Fink handle dependencies such as pkg-config).
- Fetch OpenCV version 0.9.9.
- Decompress and unpack into some folder.
- Configure OpenCV for installation - make sure, at the end, that Mac OS X (Carbon) and Quicktime support will be included:
./configure --prefix=/Users/jesper/Unix/usr \ CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" CXXFLAGS="-mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450"
CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS serve to tell the configure script where to find libjpeg etc. - i.e. Fink. The above inclusion of CXXFLAGS indicates that OpenCV is to be optimized for the processortype (PowerPC) 7450.
make make install
Before one are able to compile programs depending on OpenCV, one has to tell pkg-config where it can find information on OpenCV by including in one's .bashrc the line:
As explained in the local installation tutorial.
You can test that OpenCV is running as expected by following the quick start procedure mentioned on Christoph Seibert's blog.
This section describes the installation of Player version 2.0.3- assuming that OpenCV is already installed (including its dependencies).
The following packages should be installed via Fink:
- gtk+2-dev. Depending on atk1-shlibs glib2 glib2-shlibs gtk+2 gtk+2-shlibs pango1-xft2 pango1-xft2-shlibs. Satisfying the configure requirements: GDK_PIXBUF: gdk-pixbuf-2.0.pc and GTK: gtk+-2.0.pc.
- glib2-dev. Satisfying the configure requirements: GTK: gobject-2.0.pc.
- pango1-xft2-dev. Satisfying the configure requirements: GTK: pangoxft.pc.
- atk1. Satisfying the configure requirements: GTK: atk.pc.
- libgnomecanvas2-dev. Depending on libart2-shlibs libglade2-shlibs libgnomecanvas2-shlibs libxml2-bin libxml2-shlibs readline5-shlibs. Satisfying the configure requirements: GNOMECANVAS: libgnomecanvas-2.0.pc.
- libart2. Satisfying the configure requirements: GNOMECANVAS: libart-2.0.pc.
- gsl. Depending on gsl-shlibs. Satisfying the configure requirements: GSL: gsl.pc.
- imagemagick-dev. Depending on imagemagick-shlibs lcms-shlibs. Satisfying the configure requirements: ImageMagick++: ImageMagick++.pc.
After fetching, decompressing and unpacking Player version 2.0.3 - type:
./configure --prefix=/Users/jesper/Unix/usr \ CPPFLAGS="-I/Users/jesper/Unix/usr/include" CXXFLAGS="-mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450"
make make install
This section describes the installation of Stage version 2.0.3 - assuming that OpenCV and Player are already installed (including their dependencies).
Fetch, decompress and unpack Stage into some directory and type:
./configure --prefix=/Users/jesper/Unix/usr CXXFLAGS="-mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450" make make install