USB camera driver for Microsoft Kinect camera. More...
USB camera driver for Microsoft Kinect camera.
Device driver for Microsoft Kinect webcams. This driver handles processing the RGB Color images and the greyscale depth images provided by the Kinect, as well as motor control for PTZ, and reading the accelerometer. The Kinect also supports audio and LED control, these capabilities are under development.
This driver is based on the latest version of the libfreenect API, which is currently under heavy development.
Heatmap code and USB connection code based on "glview" example in libfreenect project.
- Compile-time dependencies
- libfreenect - http://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect
- libusb-1.0 - http://www.libusb.org/wiki/libusb-1.0
- camera - Color image (mandatory)
- camera - Depth image (optional)
- ptz - Tilt motor
- imu - Accelerometer
- Configuration requests
- Configuration file options
- heatmap (bool)
- Default: false
- When set to false, the Depth image is published as a greyscale image
- When set to true, the Depth image is colorized and published as an RGB heatmap
- downsample (bool)
- Default: false
- When set to false, the Depth image is published as a greyscale MONO16 image
- When set to true, the Depth image is downsampled into a greyscale MONO8 image
- If heatmap is set to true, this option has no effect.
- color_resolution (enumeration)
- Default: 2
- Corresponds to the resolution of the color image frame.
- 2 = High Resolution = 1280x1024
- 1 = Med Resolution = 640x480
- depth_resolution (enumeration)
- Default: 1
- Corresponds to the resolution of the depth image frame
- 1 = Med resolution = 640x488
- 0 = Low Resolution = 320x240
driver ( name "kinect" provides ["color:::camera:0" "depth:::camera:1" "ptz:0" "imu:0"] heatmap 0 downsample 1 color_resolution 2 depth_resolution 1 )