Solutions Cubed motor controller. More...
Solutions Cubed motor controller.
The motionmind driver is for communicating with a Solutions Cubed "Motion Mind" PID motor controller while it is in serial PID mode. Multiple boards can be daisy chained together and different drivers used for each one by simply giving each driver the address of the board that it is commanding. This driver allows for simple absolute position commands and publishes the position of the device as well.
- Compile-time dependencies
- position1d : publishes the position of the motor and allows for absolute position commands to be sent
- opaque : used to get the serial information form the motion mind control boards
- Configuration requests
- Supported commands
- PLAYER_POSITION_1D_CMD_POS: The absolute position to send the actuator to -
- : add support for PLAYER_POSITON_1D_CMD_VEL
- Configuration file options
- address (int)
- Default 1
- Address of the motionmind board that you wish to control
- cpr (int)
- Default 500
- counts per motor rotation
- Default 1.0
- n:1 gear_ratio - robot position in m or rad:motor rotation
- divide the gear_ratio by 2*PI for rotational actuators
# Board number 1 driver( name "motionmind" provides ["position1d:0"] requires ["opaque:0"] address 1 ) #Board Number 2 driver( name "motionmind" provides ["position1d:1"] requires ["opaque:0"] address 2 cpr 500 gear_ratio 2.0 ) driver( name "serialstream" port "/dev/ttyS0" transfer_rate 19200 parity "none" provides ["opaque:0"] alwayson 1 # IF ATTACHED TO MORE THAN ONE MOTIONMIND BOARD YOU MUST HAVE A WAIT TIME OR THINGS TIMEOUT wait_time 40000 )