- This driver is currently disabled because it needs to be updated to the Player 2.0 API.
This driver uses the Nomad-specific player_interface_nomad interface to talk over a serial port to a robot running Nomadics' robot server program. The nomad interface gives access to most of the Nomad's functionality. This driver also has a set of companion drivers that provide generic (i.e. not robot-specific) Player interfaces. These are: nomad_position (provides position2d) and nomad_sonar (provides sonar). The companion drivers rely on the nomad driver to talk to the robot, so you MUST instantiate a nomad device in your config file, followed by the devices using the companion drivers. See below for an example config file umentation for the companion drivers for example configfiles.
- Compile-time dependencies
- Configuration requests
- Configuration file options
- serial_device (string)
- Default: "/dev/ttyS0"
- the serial port to which the Nomad is connected. This should match the setting on the robot.
- serial_speed (integer)
- Default: 9600
- sets the speed (baud rate) of the serial port. This should match the setting on the robot.
driver ( name "nomad" provides ["nomad:0"] serial_device "/dev/ttyS0" serial_speed "9600" ) driver ( name "nomad_position" requires ["nomad:0"] provides ["position:0"] ) driver ( name "nomad_sonar" requires ["nomad:0"] provides ["sonar:0"] )
- Richard Vaughan, Pawel Zebrowski