garminnmeaDevice driver for the Garmin geko 201 handheld GPS unit. Interacts with the unit by speaking NMEA over a serial line. As such, this driver may work with other Garmin units, and (likely with some modification) other NMEA-compliant GPS units.
The driver may also attempt to read DGPS RTCM corrections from a multi-cast network address, and forward these corrections to the GPS unit. The dgps_server utility may be used to gather and broadcast the DGPS RTCM corrections.
NMEA and proprietary Garmin codes can be found at http://home.mira.net/~gnb/gps/nmea.html
- Compile-time dependencies
- Configuration requests
- Configuration file options
- port (string)
- Default: "/dev/ttyS0"
- Serial port where the GPS unit is connected
- baud (integer)
- Default: 4800
- Speed of serial connection to the GPS unit
- dgps_enable (integer)
- Default: 1
- Enable/disable listening for DGPS corrections via UDP multicast (use dgps_server to send the corrections)
- dgps_group (string)
- Default: "188.8.131.52"
- Multicast group on which to listen for DGPS corrections
- dgps_port (integer)
- Default: 7778
- UDP port on which to listen for DGPS corrections
driver ( name "garminnmea" provides ["gps:0"] port "/dev/ttyS1" )
- Brian Gerkey, Andrew Howard